Monday, July 25, 2016

The Day I Met KALAM



And it was a day…
I wished to do something different,

I wished to get all busy...
Busy in helping others,

And so I stood up and started my search…
of finding some means,
only to begin with my work.

Initially I wasn’t aware,
 of the situations so prevailing…
it was then I got to know...
about this initiative -
- revolutionary and so dedicated.

Being known as “KALAM”…
it provided me a standum
widened my view…
given me a new perception.

To look deep into the present sites,
and to provide some of my meagre time…
contributing towards some social cause,
Proceeding my life with some liberal goal.

Being part of this prominent team,
what I got to know was the-
- miserable sight
-a disgraceful sight...
Where you’ll see these adorable kids,
working day and night...
Asking for alms
yet dying inside.

But what are they dying for?
Has anyone thought for a while?
Let me tell you people…
make you aware of their distressing sight.

These kids remain quiet…
all involved among themselves,
they have no means to study…
or to ask for any help.

If you look into their eyes…
you can find a hidden light,
- A lost smile,
Lost long ago…
so that no one can know,
know of their core being…
their zeal within.

This all I discovered…
only because of “KALAM”
A social initiative…
which strives for empowering children
and always ready to stand up.

Standing up for their rights
- Bringing Smiles
- Nurturing Minds
and Improving Lives.

And in this process of improvement…
what I observed in myself,
was a changed person…
a person more concerned,
- more active & more governed.

Though it’s been very short time…
since I met with this driven team,
yet I must say that…
this platform has given me my cause to live.


By: BHARTI GUPTA

2 comments: